- What is Occupational Therapy?
- Will my insurance pay for Occupational Therapy?
- What is a Certified Hand Therapist?
Occupational Therapy is a profession concerned with promoting health and well being through engagement in occupation. Occupational Therapy is a holistic health care profession that aims to promote health by enabling individuals to perform meaningful and purposeful activities across the lifespan.
All insurance companies will pay for occupational therapy, although the extent of coverage varies. It is your responsibility to know the extent of your insurance coverage.
A Certified Hand Therapist (CHT) is an Occupational Therapist or Physical Therapist who:
- Has at least 5 years of clinical experience with 4,000 hours or more of specialty experience in hand therapy.
- Has successfully passed a comprehensive test of advanced knowledge related to the hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder.
- Is dedicated to advancing the profession through research and teaching.